We know summer is slowly coming to a close, but these too good not to share…
Running out of ideas to keep the kids busy yet? Try these..
1. Put colored tape on the carpet to make roads for your kid’s toy cars.
The tape comes up easily when you’re done.
2. A couple sponges and a box of chalk are all you need to turn your driveway into a bull’s-eye target game.
3. You can also use chalk and some of your kid’s old clothes for this bit of summer fun.
4. Exploding Paint Bags turn your sidewalk into a work of art.
These are totally kid-friendly and can be made with items you likely already have in the kitchen.
5. DIY a throwing tarp.
Tarp, rope, scissors, marker, tape… Play ball.
6. Build a tower out of cut-up sponges.
It’s either a quiet indoor activity or wet outside game — you decide.
7. Make a river in the backyard out of tinfoil.
8. Make alien bubbles with this cool science experiment.
Dry ice and bubble solution (along with some stuff you likely have around the house) are all you need.
9. Another super-cool science experiment lets kids extract DNA from strawberries.
Learn more here.
10. Super-fun balloon rockets also teach an important science lesson.
Kids learn the concept of “action and reaction” while having a blast.
11. Pencil erasers and a marble make a surprisingly addictive at-home bowling game.
Find the how-to here.
12. Make a Rainbow Bubble Snake from materials you undoubtedly already have around your home.
13. Cut a pool noodle in half to make a marble track race.
Find the tutorial here.
ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR SUMMER!